Artists In Schools – Projects was a long running residency program established to encourage students’ and teachers’ participation in and appreciation of the arts through creative interaction with a professional arts practitioner.
Artists in Schools projects developed partnerships between schools, communities and artists, while achieving a creative outcome through a considered and integrated process. The program was designed to engage students and their teachers in stimulating arts experiences that added richness and depth to their learning.
Artists in Schools projects:
- encouraged student involvement in the creative process
- supported student learning as they gain new skills and knowledge
- assisted the development of confidence and self-esteem in students
- supported teachers in delivery of the curriculum
- supported the professional learning of teachers
- promoted the value of the arts within the school and broader community
- enriched and added new perspectives to the school’s existing arts curriculum
More than 75,000 South Australian students participated in Artists in Schools.