“This Was Urgent Yesterday” is a collection of single-actor scripts written by and for young people from regional Australia. It is the culmination of Writing Place, a 9-day residency for 14 emerging regional playwrights that took place in 2019.
This Was Urgent Yesterday has now been published by Currency Press. It is a collection of ten-minute monologues for teenage performers that speak to the experience of being a young person living in regional Australia.
- It’s Not A Bad Word by Emma Richardson
- This Is Yours by Lily Hensby
- Abyss by Isidora Pandilovska
- Crossroads and Dusty Boots by Jordan Clayden-Lewis
- Like Butter by Wallea Eaglehawk
- I Wore Heels, So She Wore Heels by Lisa Semmler
- Australian Strays by Rebecca Duke
- All But You Who Looked At Me And Smiled by Charlotte Smith
- On Burning Day by Michal I. Hughes
- I Need Gourmet by Danielle Aquilina
- The Appointment by Rosemary Cann
- I Found You by Cate Robbins
- Swallows by Betty Sweetlove
- Where Does It Hurt? by Alex Travers
This Was Urgent Yesterday provides scripts suitable for secondary students and youth theatre ensembles keen to perform regional stories.
Now avaliable for purchase from Currency Press
Livestreamed via YouTube & Facebook
7 – 8:30pm (ACST), Thursday 4 June 2020
Banner image: the “This Was Urgent Yesterday” book cover – Photo taken by Alysha Herrmann